Children from year 6 in St Joachim’s and St Helen’s started the year by coming together for a camping experience near Lewes in East Sussex. The camp provided them with many learning opportunities including classification of plants and insects, archery and forest school activities. The children also enjoyed the studding East Sussex scenery when walking part of the South Down Way. They explored the beach near the Seven Sisters Cliffs to find discover nature along the shore line.
Prayers were answered on the 9 th of July as the sun shone brightly over the 6 th Annual boys’ and girls’ football tournament, held in memory of Father Denis Hall. Teams from St Joachim’s, St Winefride’s, St Helen’s and St Edward’s were joined by the other Deanery Schools to compete for the St Edward’s Trophy. The referees from St Bonaventure's and St Angela’s completed the family gathering. The closely contested boys’ competition was evident in that that it was only goal difference which separated 1 st and 2 nd places with St Joachim’s taking the title.
We invite you to learn more about St Joachim's Catholic Primary School, where we strive to follow in the footsteps of Jesus. Our school ethos reflects our vision of a loving and caring environment, where all children are inspired and encouraged to reach their full potential both spiritually and academically.
We invite you to learn more about St Edward’s by watching their video promoting their diverse happy school where children love to learn and support each other in their family environment.
St Antony’s thanked the key workers and promoted a Living Wage for all through their song “Another Round of Applause”. The children demonstrate their understanding of Gospel Values of dignity, tolerance and service.
Children from St Antony’s worked with Ebony Steel Band to produce an amazing video acknowledging the contribution of those from the West Indies who came to support the develop of the NHS, during Black History Month in October.
We invite you to learn more about St Helen’s by watching their video showing all aspects of school life, promoting the broad and balanced curriculum and very happy children.
St Francis’ featured on Sky News, welcoming children back to school on 8 th March. The news items highlights the love children have for school, the value of friendship and the safety of our schools.
During the COVID lockdown, the Headteachers across the Trust have continued to meet to via zoom to ensure all the children across the Trust have access to remote learning and to plan for a safe return for all pupils. Headteachers have been involved in appointing new catering contractors and from April 2021 and have continued to consider ways that our pupils can learn together.
After months of hard work, both St Helen's Year 5 and St Joachim's Year 4 took part in the Festival of Voices with four other schools, at the Hackney Empire. The children had been learning for months a repertoire of famous musical songs. This was the 17th Festival of Voices but the first one in two years after the pandemic. Apart from singing the many group songs such as the overture to the Sound of Music, both schools sang two individual songs.
- 11th St Antony's Head Teacher, Angela Moore, Delivers Powerful Guest Lecture at Queen Mary University
- 25th Olog Mass 2023
- 18th St Joachim's & St Helen's Annual Year 6 Science Camp 2023
- 18th Pilgrimage to Bradwell-on-Sea
- 12th St Edward's The British Museum Commonwealth Choir
- 12th St Winefride's Newham Music Video
- 5th St Winefride's - The Coronation of King Charles III
- 24th Kalush Orchestra of Ukraine
- 17th St Winefride's- Celebrate St Patrick's Day
- 13th St Joachim's & St Helen's Year 5 Rome Pilgrimage 2023
- 18th Horse Guards Parade
- 18th The Guildhall in the City of London
- 15th Hargreaves Deanery Y6 Secondary Transition Day
- 29th London Youth Games
- 29th Mini Vinnies Sleepover
- 29th Cambridge Graduation
- 14th Royal Dress Up Day
- 13th Maths Market Week
- 8th No Smoking Day Poster Competition
- 3rd Tower of London
- 26th Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee Celebration Concert
- 11th The Great St Winefride’s Spelling Bee Challenge
- 7th Newham Money Wise Challenge
- 1st Welcome to St Winefride’s
- 31st London Stations of the Cross Walk
- 8th St Francis'- World Book Week
- 3rd Making bread for Citizenship at St Francis’
- 25th St Edward's Art Week 2022
- 24th St Edward's Rocks Out!
- 21st St Antony’s Building Bridges with Communities in Newham
- 17th St Joachim's School Council Visit the Refugee and Migrant Project. (RAMP)
- 31st St Joachim’s Classic Poetry Project 2022
- 27th Holocaust Memorial Day 2022
- 18th Architecture in Schools at St Francis’ – Working in Our Community
- 21st 30th Anniversary of the Jolly Christmas Postman
- 16th St Antony's- Dot Dot Fire Financial Literacy
- 14th Supporting Parish Communities
- 24th St Antony’s children and staff are recognised as London Living Wage employers
- 18th Armistice Day 2021
- 27th Trustees & Senior Leaders Meeting across the Trust
- 13th Teachers working together across the Trust
- 13th Celebrating the schools in Our Lady of Grace Catholic Academy Trust
- 27th St Edward's Happy Days Video
- 25th St Antony's- Another Round of Applause
- 24th St Antony's -You Called We Came
- 21st St Helen's Happy Days Video