On 1 st April 2022 we are delighted to welcome the children, staff and governors of St Winefride’s Catholic Primary School into Our Lady of Grace Catholic Academy Trust. We are all looking forward to building on our strong Catholic partnership in Newham and working together, in Christ, to support the community in Manor Park.
As part of the Catholic tradition during Lent, many Catholics participate in a special church service called the 'Stations of the Cross' which involves focussing on and reflecting on Christ's final journey before he was crucified. Normally these are done in a church where there are fourteen murals of that journey placed around a church which the congregation turn to as each is focussed on. However, the children of St Helen's and St Joachim's decided to take this journey to a literal sense by travelling by foot to ten different churches across London. This journey was in keeping with the theme of the year, 'Pilgrimages'; a holy journey.
For World Book Week, the children at St Francis' showed all the different hats they wear! We celebrated the occasion by making up our own hat to reflect a favourite story or character. Can you guess what the story is by looking at the hat?
During Citizenship Week we put our faith into action. To start the week we reflected on our own beliefs and celebrated by baking bread. We believe that bread is a divine gift, a symbol of generosity and sharing. The children were able to reflect on this as well as have a fantastic time making and eating the bread they made.
What an amazing Art Week it has been for the children at St Edward's! The theme for the entire school was printing. Taking photos of the children focused and on task was a privilege. The concentration and enthusiasm were palpable.
Did you notice your child was more excitable Tuesday evening? Apologies, that might have something to do with Rocksteady! On Tuesday 22 nd February your child got a taste of what it’s like to perform in a rock band . Tim from Rocksteady taught us how to rock out as a school and created rock stars out of our children to perform as a band with an audience!
As part of the Our Lady of Grace Catholic Academy Trust, joint Citizenship project, inspired by Pope Francis, the children at St Antony’s have been collecting food for the St Martin’s Church foodbank.
St Joachim's School Council representatives went on a visit to The Refugee and Migrant Project (RAMP) as part of the OLOG Citizenship project on Building Bridges. They went to see how they operate and learn about their special work supporting the most needy people in our society. This is the charity which St Joachim's have traditionally supported by donating their Harvest Festival collection to them. The children were able to gain an insight on what services they offer to refugees and migrants.
On the last week of January saw the conclusion of St Joachim’s annual Classic Poetry Project – an English project which is focussed on reading, analysing, and reciting classic poems. On Friday 21st January children from Reception to Year 6 came together to celebrate the project with class recitals of famous poems such as The Charge of the Light Brigade, by Alfred Lord Tennyson; which were of the highest standard. It was a delight to welcome so many parents to the celebration assembly as it was fantastic for the children to have such a large and appreciative audience. Children from Reception to Year 6 all recited their poems with great enthusiasm and joy. There were some particularly powerful recitals, and all the children had learnt their class poem off by heart.
Representatives from St Joachim's and St Helen's attend the Newham Holocaust Memorial Day at the Old Town Hall in Stratford. The theme for Holocaust Memorial Day 2022 is One Day
One Day – 27 January – is a day that we put aside every year to come together to remember, to learn about the Holocaust, Nazi Persecution and the genocides that followed in Cambodia, Rwanda, Bosnia and Darfur, in the hope that there may be One Day in the future with no genocide. We learn more about the past, we empathise with others today, and we take action for a better future.
- 11th St Antony's Head Teacher, Angela Moore, Delivers Powerful Guest Lecture at Queen Mary University
- 25th Olog Mass 2023
- 18th St Joachim's & St Helen's Annual Year 6 Science Camp 2023
- 18th Pilgrimage to Bradwell-on-Sea
- 12th St Edward's The British Museum Commonwealth Choir
- 12th St Winefride's Newham Music Video
- 5th St Winefride's - The Coronation of King Charles III
- 24th Kalush Orchestra of Ukraine
- 17th St Winefride's- Celebrate St Patrick's Day
- 13th St Joachim's & St Helen's Year 5 Rome Pilgrimage 2023
- 18th Horse Guards Parade
- 18th The Guildhall in the City of London
- 15th Hargreaves Deanery Y6 Secondary Transition Day
- 29th London Youth Games
- 29th Mini Vinnies Sleepover
- 29th Cambridge Graduation
- 14th Royal Dress Up Day
- 13th Maths Market Week
- 8th No Smoking Day Poster Competition
- 3rd Tower of London
- 26th Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee Celebration Concert
- 11th The Great St Winefride’s Spelling Bee Challenge
- 7th Newham Money Wise Challenge
- 1st Welcome to St Winefride’s
- 31st London Stations of the Cross Walk
- 8th St Francis'- World Book Week
- 3rd Making bread for Citizenship at St Francis’
- 25th St Edward's Art Week 2022
- 24th St Edward's Rocks Out!
- 21st St Antony’s Building Bridges with Communities in Newham
- 17th St Joachim's School Council Visit the Refugee and Migrant Project. (RAMP)
- 31st St Joachim’s Classic Poetry Project 2022
- 27th Holocaust Memorial Day 2022
- 18th Architecture in Schools at St Francis’ – Working in Our Community
- 21st 30th Anniversary of the Jolly Christmas Postman
- 16th St Antony's- Dot Dot Fire Financial Literacy
- 14th Supporting Parish Communities
- 24th St Antony’s children and staff are recognised as London Living Wage employers
- 18th Armistice Day 2021
- 27th Trustees & Senior Leaders Meeting across the Trust
- 13th Teachers working together across the Trust
- 13th Celebrating the schools in Our Lady of Grace Catholic Academy Trust
- 27th St Edward's Happy Days Video
- 25th St Antony's- Another Round of Applause
- 24th St Antony's -You Called We Came
- 21st St Helen's Happy Days Video