11 pupils from Year 5 at St Joachim’s attended their Scholarship Programme graduation at Cambridge University. Over the last few months they have been taking part in lectures and writing essays based on philosophy. Their final pieces were marked to university standard- where 3 pupils achieved First Class results. We are incredibly proud of their hard work and dedication.
Children and staff from St Winefride's celebrated the Queen's Platinum Jubilee in style with a "Royal Dress Up Day". We then enjoyed a picnic lunch in the beautiful sunshine with balloons, dancing and games. Truly a day to remember!
The theme for this year's Maths Market Week was the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. The children used their calculation, reasoning and problem-solving skills to overcome challenges throughout the week. After designing and making a product, they took them to the market to sell. Fun was had by all and it enabled the children to see the value and importance of maths skills in everyday life.
Congratulation to Rhianna (from St Francis'); she is the KS2 winner for the No Smoking Day Poster Competition. The competition received nearly 100 entries which were done to a high standard, but Rhianna's poster stood out as one of the best in the borough. Her poster will be displayed on bus stops, our social media page, website and within the local media. We are so proud of Rhianna!
On Thursday 2nd June 2022 children from St Edward's and St Winefride's had the honour of performing at the beacon lighting ceremony at the Tower of London as part of the Commonwealth Children's Choir. Following the lighting of the beacon the children sang a song for the Commonwealth commissioned specifically for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations, their performance was televised live on Sky News. Well done to all of our children on their fantastic performance.
All the schools from the Newham Deanery were represented at the Brentwood Diocese Citizenship award. A child from each school was presented with their award by Bishop Alan in recognition of their service to the school and others.
On Sunday 15th May 2022, pupils from St Edward's and St Joachim's sang as part of Her Majesty's Children's Commonwealth Choir at the Royal Windsor Horse Show. They were joined by other local schools, including Little Ilford Secondary school. This was part of the Queen's 70th, Platinum Jubilee celebrations and was broadcast live across the world on ITV, with potential viewing figures of over 1 billion people. Sincere congratulations to them for such a professional performance, we are extremely proud of them all.
On Saturday 23rd April 2022 children from St Edward's, St Joachim's and St Winefride's travelled to Salisbury Cathedral to perform at Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee Celebration Concert. The children performed as part of the Commonwealth Children's Choir and sang four songs accompanied by the Central Band of the Royal British Legion. After the concert members of both the orchestra and the general public praised the exceptional behaviour and enthusiasm for performing our children displayed. The children then enjoyed an overnight stay at a local rare breeds farm and a tour of the farm before returning home on Sunday.
On Tuesday 5th April St Winefride’s held the Grand Final of the The Great St Winefride’s Spelling Bee Challenge, arranged by the parent/carer forum. The 18 winners from the first round of the challenge competed in front of the whole school. After an intense battle with some very difficult words we crowned winners from each year group. As an added bonus there was a surprise round at the end where the adults in the school were called up to take part to find the best staff speller!
On Thursday 31st March over 100 children from schools across Newham took part in a gaming based personal finance competition at Stratford Youth Zone. The aim of the challenge was to elevate the financial and digital literacy of young people through an educational approach to gaming. Teams from each school battled it out by speed answering questions on personal finance topics. A big well done to St Helen's who finished it in first place; St Winefride's who came a close second and St Francis’ achieved fourth place.
- 11th St Antony's Head Teacher, Angela Moore, Delivers Powerful Guest Lecture at Queen Mary University
- 25th Olog Mass 2023
- 18th St Joachim's & St Helen's Annual Year 6 Science Camp 2023
- 18th Pilgrimage to Bradwell-on-Sea
- 12th St Edward's The British Museum Commonwealth Choir
- 12th St Winefride's Newham Music Video
- 5th St Winefride's - The Coronation of King Charles III
- 24th Kalush Orchestra of Ukraine
- 17th St Winefride's- Celebrate St Patrick's Day
- 13th St Joachim's & St Helen's Year 5 Rome Pilgrimage 2023
- 18th Horse Guards Parade
- 18th The Guildhall in the City of London
- 15th Hargreaves Deanery Y6 Secondary Transition Day
- 29th London Youth Games
- 29th Mini Vinnies Sleepover
- 29th Cambridge Graduation
- 14th Royal Dress Up Day
- 13th Maths Market Week
- 8th No Smoking Day Poster Competition
- 3rd Tower of London
- 26th Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee Celebration Concert
- 11th The Great St Winefride’s Spelling Bee Challenge
- 7th Newham Money Wise Challenge
- 1st Welcome to St Winefride’s
- 31st London Stations of the Cross Walk
- 8th St Francis'- World Book Week
- 3rd Making bread for Citizenship at St Francis’
- 25th St Edward's Art Week 2022
- 24th St Edward's Rocks Out!
- 21st St Antony’s Building Bridges with Communities in Newham
- 17th St Joachim's School Council Visit the Refugee and Migrant Project. (RAMP)
- 31st St Joachim’s Classic Poetry Project 2022
- 27th Holocaust Memorial Day 2022
- 18th Architecture in Schools at St Francis’ – Working in Our Community
- 21st 30th Anniversary of the Jolly Christmas Postman
- 16th St Antony's- Dot Dot Fire Financial Literacy
- 14th Supporting Parish Communities
- 24th St Antony’s children and staff are recognised as London Living Wage employers
- 18th Armistice Day 2021
- 27th Trustees & Senior Leaders Meeting across the Trust
- 13th Teachers working together across the Trust
- 13th Celebrating the schools in Our Lady of Grace Catholic Academy Trust
- 27th St Edward's Happy Days Video
- 25th St Antony's- Another Round of Applause
- 24th St Antony's -You Called We Came
- 21st St Helen's Happy Days Video