This year the Eurovision Song Contest is being hosted in the UK on behalf of last year's winners, Ukraine. Children from St Winefride's, alongside several other schools from across the borough, worked with Newham Music to produce a video of their 2022 winning song, Stefania, to celebrate their success. Our children took great delight in learning and performing the song as well as the experience of being filmed by professional videographers. We hope you enjoy the video.
The children at St Winefride's had a wonderful time celebrating the Coronation of King Charles III. Everyone was invited to dress as a King, Queen, Prince, Princess or in their best party clothes. There was a special meal, games and treats. The children had a wonderful day!
Once again we were privileged to have our Parent Carer Choir perform for us, this time at our Easter Performance on Friday 31st March 2023. They sang two songs, “Easter Hallelujah” and “Goodness of God” and there was barely a dry eye in the church when they had finished. They were led, as always, by Tracy Thomas, one of our governors and included parents, carers, governors, students and soon to be staff members among their ranks!
A ll of the children from Year 1 to Year 6 took part in a special event organised by Newham Music and the BBC Singers where the children sang 'Stefania' the winning song, by Kalush Orchestra of Ukraine, from last year's contest. The children also made banners in Ukrainian and English to celebrate that the UK is holding the event on behalf of Ukraine this year.
To celebrate St Patrick's Day our Caterers, Olive Dining, made a fantastic effort, baking cupcakes, making special desserts and treats and decorating the dinner hall in green!
At the end of February, 20 of St Joachim's year 5s together with 20 St Helen's Year 5 pupils as well as Fr Dan Kelly and Fr Tony Grant, spent 5 days in Rome on a very special pilgrimage. During their pilgrimage, the pupils visited many of the most significant and important Holy Sites and grounds in Rome; including the tombs of St. Peter and St. Paul.
On Thursday 2nd February 2023, St Helen’s and St Joachim’s joined together in a Belonging Day. In their own schools, the children had been learning about their right to a name and the right to belong. The children from each school prepared a tour of their school to show pride in where they belong. At each part of the tour, they had prepared activities.
On Saturday 17th Dec, pupils from St Helen’s and St Joachim’s took part in a chess tournament to put to test all the skills they had learnt this term. Their concentration and tactical moves really shone through and many pupils played to a high standard.
Year 5 have been taking part in an exciting project called 'Architecture in Schools'. Five brilliant architects from London firm Allford Hall Monaghan Morris supported the children on a field trip and two in school workshops to design and model bridges that would bring connections and community between the two different sides of the River Thames. On Wednesday 30th November, some of the Year 5 children were able to attend a special award Ceremony at the posh Canary Wharf Estate ... and our bridges won second prize in the 'Use of Materials' category!
Last summer, St. Francis' was part of Art Matters - an annual Newham-wide schools' art exhibition. Members of our student Arts Council selected art from all year groups to be exhibited at University of East London's art studios and then backed the work and mounted it on special display boards. Some of the Arts Council were also able to attend the exhibition's VIP opening evening event, being inspired by art by GCSE and A level students!' Please click here to see selected art from all year groups.
- 11th St Antony's Head Teacher, Angela Moore, Delivers Powerful Guest Lecture at Queen Mary University
- 25th Olog Mass 2023
- 18th St Joachim's & St Helen's Annual Year 6 Science Camp 2023
- 18th Pilgrimage to Bradwell-on-Sea
- 12th St Edward's The British Museum Commonwealth Choir
- 12th St Winefride's Newham Music Video
- 5th St Winefride's - The Coronation of King Charles III
- 24th Kalush Orchestra of Ukraine
- 17th St Winefride's- Celebrate St Patrick's Day
- 13th St Joachim's & St Helen's Year 5 Rome Pilgrimage 2023
- 18th Horse Guards Parade
- 18th The Guildhall in the City of London
- 15th Hargreaves Deanery Y6 Secondary Transition Day
- 29th London Youth Games
- 29th Mini Vinnies Sleepover
- 29th Cambridge Graduation
- 14th Royal Dress Up Day
- 13th Maths Market Week
- 8th No Smoking Day Poster Competition
- 3rd Tower of London
- 26th Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee Celebration Concert
- 11th The Great St Winefride’s Spelling Bee Challenge
- 7th Newham Money Wise Challenge
- 1st Welcome to St Winefride’s
- 31st London Stations of the Cross Walk
- 8th St Francis'- World Book Week
- 3rd Making bread for Citizenship at St Francis’
- 25th St Edward's Art Week 2022
- 24th St Edward's Rocks Out!
- 21st St Antony’s Building Bridges with Communities in Newham
- 17th St Joachim's School Council Visit the Refugee and Migrant Project. (RAMP)
- 31st St Joachim’s Classic Poetry Project 2022
- 27th Holocaust Memorial Day 2022
- 18th Architecture in Schools at St Francis’ – Working in Our Community
- 21st 30th Anniversary of the Jolly Christmas Postman
- 16th St Antony's- Dot Dot Fire Financial Literacy
- 14th Supporting Parish Communities
- 24th St Antony’s children and staff are recognised as London Living Wage employers
- 18th Armistice Day 2021
- 27th Trustees & Senior Leaders Meeting across the Trust
- 13th Teachers working together across the Trust
- 13th Celebrating the schools in Our Lady of Grace Catholic Academy Trust
- 27th St Edward's Happy Days Video
- 25th St Antony's- Another Round of Applause
- 24th St Antony's -You Called We Came
- 21st St Helen's Happy Days Video