This year, St Francis’ took part in the Metropolitan Police’s Christmas Tree Campaign which is sponsored in with The Childhood Trust. The Christmas Tree Appeal Campaign delivers Christmas presents to young people across London who may not otherwise receive a gift. At this time, the campaign will be ever more important as families navigate the continuing cost of living crisis. Each of the local senior policing teams chose a poster designed by a local primary school child, which was used to advertise the campaign to the public.
On Friday 6th October 2023 St Winefride’s joined two other primary schools and the BBC Singers to perform in celebration of our planet at UCL East. The children sang four songs and accompanied the BBC Singers in a performance that was broadcast on BBC Radio 3. Please click this link to see a video on BBC iPlayer.
St Antony's Head Teacher, Angela Moore, Delivers Powerful Guest Lecture at Queen Mary University
11th Oct 2023
St Antony's Head Teacher, Angela Moore, Delivers Powerful Guest Lecture at Queen Mary University addressing Politics Students (Faculty of Social Sciences) on the difference that the Real Living Wage makes in the lives of her children and parents. The address was made on October 9th 2023 to hundreds of Political Science Students who were encouraged by her to "become politicians with a real heart for those you will serve."
On 6th September Our Lady of Grace Trust schools along with St Michael's Catholic Primary School celebrated the start of the academic year with their A nnual Mass of Thanksgiving Celebrating All Schools.
Year 6 pupils headed to Deal in Kent for their Science Camp. Whilst on camp they carried out many Science & Geography lessons and activities, such as; beach combing, orienteering, Forest School and Archery. The children made new friends and had fun whilst learning. In the evenings, we enjoyed bingo, film night and campfire.
St Helen's and St Joachim's started the year with a joint Pilgrimage to Bradwell on Sea on Friday 8th September. We visited St Peter's Chapel for a Mass in one of the Oldest Churches in England. We then spent the afternoon taking part in a range of reflection activities on the beach. The children had the opportunity to make new friendships, whilst also deepening their faith.
The St Winefride’s Girls football team have had double success to celebrate over the last couple of weeks. On Wednesday 12th July the girls triumphed in the Fr Denis Hall Cup, which was held at the West Ham United Academy Pitches, winning five out of six matches, drawing the other one, without conceding a goal in the whole competition! It was St Winefride’s first ever victory in the tournament and the whole school are tremendously proud of this wonderful achievement.
The Year 4 children from St Joachim’s and the Year 5 children from St Helen’s took part in the annual Festival of Voices performance at the Hackney Empire, this year entitled “Feelin’ Good”. The Hackney Empire was filled with melodious voices of over 200 children. The children performed a repertoire of songs ranging from ‘Oh Happy Day’ to ‘Walking on Sunshine’ and to the joyous belting out of ‘La Bamba’, each song added to the exhilarating atmosphere of the rapturous audience. Thanks must go to the brilliant audience; the fantastic choir maestro, Alison Venn; the incredible music director, Dan Boardman and the teachers who rehearsed, rehearsed and rehearsed.
St Antony's Windrush 75th Anniversary Article In The Voice Newspaper 2023 Windrush generation is a lot bigger than we think!
The Commonwealth Choir have made us proud once again! They performed beautifully at The British Museum honouring the Coronation of our King Charles III and Queen Camilla. It was a busy and warm morning behind the scenes, where the children completed their soundchecks. Many gathered to hear our children perform a series of songs from countries across the commonwealth.
- 11th St Antony's Head Teacher, Angela Moore, Delivers Powerful Guest Lecture at Queen Mary University
- 25th Olog Mass 2023
- 18th St Joachim's & St Helen's Annual Year 6 Science Camp 2023
- 18th Pilgrimage to Bradwell-on-Sea
- 12th St Edward's The British Museum Commonwealth Choir
- 12th St Winefride's Newham Music Video
- 5th St Winefride's - The Coronation of King Charles III
- 24th Kalush Orchestra of Ukraine
- 17th St Winefride's- Celebrate St Patrick's Day
- 13th St Joachim's & St Helen's Year 5 Rome Pilgrimage 2023
- 18th Horse Guards Parade
- 18th The Guildhall in the City of London
- 15th Hargreaves Deanery Y6 Secondary Transition Day
- 29th London Youth Games
- 29th Mini Vinnies Sleepover
- 29th Cambridge Graduation
- 14th Royal Dress Up Day
- 13th Maths Market Week
- 8th No Smoking Day Poster Competition
- 3rd Tower of London
- 26th Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee Celebration Concert
- 11th The Great St Winefride’s Spelling Bee Challenge
- 7th Newham Money Wise Challenge
- 1st Welcome to St Winefride’s
- 31st London Stations of the Cross Walk
- 8th St Francis'- World Book Week
- 3rd Making bread for Citizenship at St Francis’
- 25th St Edward's Art Week 2022
- 24th St Edward's Rocks Out!
- 21st St Antony’s Building Bridges with Communities in Newham
- 17th St Joachim's School Council Visit the Refugee and Migrant Project. (RAMP)
- 31st St Joachim’s Classic Poetry Project 2022
- 27th Holocaust Memorial Day 2022
- 18th Architecture in Schools at St Francis’ – Working in Our Community
- 21st 30th Anniversary of the Jolly Christmas Postman
- 16th St Antony's- Dot Dot Fire Financial Literacy
- 14th Supporting Parish Communities
- 24th St Antony’s children and staff are recognised as London Living Wage employers
- 18th Armistice Day 2021
- 27th Trustees & Senior Leaders Meeting across the Trust
- 13th Teachers working together across the Trust
- 13th Celebrating the schools in Our Lady of Grace Catholic Academy Trust
- 27th St Edward's Happy Days Video
- 25th St Antony's- Another Round of Applause
- 24th St Antony's -You Called We Came
- 21st St Helen's Happy Days Video